I really need to make use of my airpods and I am asking why are my airpods so quiet? Well if you are stucked in this same situation we are here to guide you.
The volume of your Airpods may not work like it used to overtime and that’s understanding, but if your Airpods suddenly gets quiet this might get frustrating.
Here in this article, we will explain why your airpods are so quiet and possible solution to fix your Airpods volume.
Read Also: How To Reset Hisense Roku TV
Why Are My Airpods So Quiet
Blocked speaker mesh, Volume limit, Low battery level, Bluetooth interference and improper settings are the most common causes of sound problems when your Airpods is connected to your iOS device.
Ensure you follow the steps provided below to help fix your quiet airpods:
Check the volume of your device
If the volume of your device has been turned down to the lowest level. You may not hear an audible sound from your airpods.
You can use the volume slider to check the volume level of your device. You can also ask Siri to check the volume level of your device.
Check the volume of your Airpods
If the volume of your Airpods are so quiet, check that the volume has not been paused.
Double-tap the top of the stem of your airpods (1st or 2nd generation) to play and pause audio contents. You can use the force sensor on the stem for the 3rd generation AirPods.
Clean your Airpods
Dirt, debris and earwax may have buildup over time to block the speakers inside your airpods. Cleaning your airpods regularly can help to maintain the volume level.
To clean the speaker of your AirPods, make use of a dry cotton swab. You can use an alcohol or disinfectant wipe to gently clean the exterior surfaces without touching the speaker mesh.
When cleaning your AirPods, ensure you do not run you airpods under water and use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to clean your airports.
Check Bluetooth interference
Interference from other Bluetooth devices may be messing with your AirPods. When you turn on Bluetooth on your device and doesn’t connect to your airpods this may cause your airpods to be quiet.
To fix this:
- Go to settings on your iPhone.
- Select Bluetooth (now you will see any device that your Bluetooth is connected to.
- Disconnect the device and tap i to forget the device to prevent the device from interfering with your Bluetooth.
Adjust audio settings to boost audio output
You can increase audio output by adjusting the frequency of your sound. You can apply this settings on music, movies, phone calls, and podcasts sound.
- Open settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Select Audio/Visual.
- Select Headphone Accommodations and tap the toggle on button.
- Manually set the following:
Tune Audio For: Choose Balanced Tone, Vocal Range,or Brightness.
Level: Choose Slight, Moderate, or Strong amplification of soft sounds.
Scroll to the bottom, choose to apply these changes to your phone or audio by toggling the on or off button.
- You can also tap Custom Audio Setup to listen to audio samples and selecting the ones that sound best to you.
Adjust equalizer settings
You can adjust the EQ settings on the Music app on your iPhone to find the right sound for you. Some apps allows you to use the equalizer to adjust the levels of bass and treble in music and as well as podcasts.
- Open the music app.
- Go to settings.
- Select Equalizer and switch it on.
- Try the different EQ settings toll you find a good one.
Right AirPod Quieter Than Left After Cleaning
If the right ear of your Airpods is quieter than the left ear after cleaning your Airpods, then water may have found it’s way into your Airpods.
Make sure you don’t allow water or any liquid (soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents etc) from entering the speaker mesh of your Airpods when cleaning to avoid damages to the speaker.
Also don’t try using your AirPods till it’s completely dry after cleaning to prevent any liquid from getting into the openings.
Why are my airpods so quiet even on full volume
Dirt and wax buildup
Dirt and wax buildups can make your Airpods so quiet even when it’s on full volume. Make sure you clean wax and dirt buildups.
An improper settings from your phone or music app can reduce the volume of your airpods to its lowest level .
This could be accidentally changing the equalizer settings, volume limits, low power mode.
- Bringing you devices on the latest version helps to fix bugs and improve performance . You don’t need to update your Airpods because firmware updates are delivered automatically. But you should update your iOS device.
Why are my AirPods quiet in my ear but loud outside?
- Noise cancellation mode helps to block outside sounds so you can only hear the audio while wearing your airpods.
Transparency mode lets outside sound in, so you can hear what’s going on around you. While adaptive transparency helps to reduce loud sounds around you.
To switch between noise-control modes on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open Control Center on your iOS or iPadOS device.
- While wearing your AirPods Max or both AirPods, touch and hold the volume slider until you see the additional controls.
- Click the Noise Control icon in the lower-left corner.
- Tap Noise Cancellation, Transparency, or Off.
To switch between noise-control modes on your Mac:
- With your AirPods Pro or AirPods Max connected to your Mac, click the volume control in the menu bar on your Mac.
- Choose your AirPods Pro or AirPods Max, then choose Noise Cancellation, Transparency, or Off.