If you have issues with the pairing button on your Roku remote or if your remote does not have a pairing button. Don’t panic, you can enjoy your Roku device without a pairing button.
Most Roku remote has a pairing button located at the back. We will guide you on how to sync Roku remote without pairing button using simple Roku remote control and installing the Roku mobile app.
Read Also: How To Watch Peacock tv.com/Vizio
How to Sync Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
Follow the steps below on how to sync Roku remote without pairing button:
Step 1: Use Simple Roku Remote
You can pair your Roku device using a Roku remote control with the steps below:
- Remove the battery plate on the back of your Roku remote.
- Now press and hold the Home button and back button on your Roku voice remote control for 5 seconds.
- A flashing status light shows that your simple Roku remote control is now in pairing mode.
Step 2: Use Roku App
You can put your streaming device in pairing mode by using the Roku app if you have it installed on your phone. Follow the steps below to pair the Roku app with your Roku device:
- Download and install the Roku app on your mobile phone.
- Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device or Roku TV.
- Set your Roku device to accept commands over the Wi-Fi network. When this control is disabled it prevents the Roku mobile app on your iOS or Android devices to work as a remote control. You have to use your Roku remote to enable the settings, following the steps below:
Press the Home button on your Roku remote control > Scroll and select Settings > Select System > Select Advanced system settings > Select Control by mobile apps > Select Network access> From the 3 (default, permissive, and disable) options, select default.
Do All Roku Remotes Have A Pairing Button
Not all Roku remotes have a pairing button at the back. The simple Roku or Infrared remote does not have a pairing button and does not require it to be paired to your Roku device.
Read Also: Virtual Land: Is Atlas Earth Scam or Legit
Why is my Roku Remote Not Pairing
If your Roku remote is not pairing, follow these troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure your Roku device is powered on.
- Ensure there is no obstruction or blockage between you and your Roku device when you press the Roku remote.
- Re-pair your Roku voice or simple remote to your streaming device.
- Update your Roku streaming device to the latest version.
- Recharge your voice remote or replace the battery of your simple remote control.
How Do I Reset my Roku Remote Without The Button
- Open the battery cover, remove the batteries then wait for 30 seconds and reinsert the batteries.
- If your Roku remote does not have a pairing button. Press and hold the Home and Back Button on your Roku remote control for 5 seconds.
- Press a button on your remote control to see if a flashing status light is displayed. This indicates that your Roku remote is in pairing mode.