It would be very frustrating if you encounter an error validating basket on DoorDash when trying to place an order through the app.
Reasons you may encounter DoorDash error validating basket include software glitches and bugs, using an outdated DoorDash app on your phone, loss of internet connection during the ordering process, empty cart, and cache files that may have resulted in your DoorDash app malfunctioning.
Here in this article, we will guide you on how to fix error validating basket on the DoorDash app.
Why Does DoorDash Say Error Validating Basket
Below are the reasons you may experience an error validating basket on DoorDash:
- Software glitches and bugs.
- You have an outdated DoorDash app on your phone.
- You lost your internet connection while making your order.
- You have an empty cart.
- Cache files that may have prevented your DoorDash app from properly functioning.
What Does DoorDash Error Validating Basket Mean?
If you encounter an error validating basket on Doordash this means that the app did not identify your order correctly. You won’t be able to take the next step to complete the ordering process and finalize making payment since the order was not added to the cart basket on your DoorDash app.
You have to fix the error validating basket before you can place an order through the DoorDash app. The Doordash error is often a temporary issue that can easily be resolved with easy troubleshooting steps.
How to Fix DoorDash Error Validating Basket
Update DoorDash App
Using an outdated DoorDash app can lead to software glitches caused by bugs and phone compatibility issues. The DoorDash app is regularly updated and new features are often added.
Ensuring you update the DoorDash app on your Android or iOS device can help to resolve the error validating basket DoorDash issue.
To update the DoorDash app on your device, go to the Apple app store for iOS or Google Play store for Android, search for the DoorDash app, and then tap the update button.
Fix Your Internet Connectivity
You need an internet connection to place an order on the DoorDash app. If you do not have an internet connection you will encounter an error validating your DoorDash order.
Make sure your phone is not in airplane mode, turn on cellular data, and make sure you have a strong internet connection. If you are connecting your phone through your router you can perform a speed test to check your internet speed.
You can reset your router, bring your router close to your phone and reduce the number of connected devices for a better connection.
Uninstall and Reinstall The DoorDash App
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Dasher’s app can help to fix several issues such as error validating basket DoorDash.
To uninstall the Dasher app: Press and hold on to the Dasher app on your phone screen, three options will pop out, select the“ Remove App” option. The application will be removed from your phone.
Finally re-install the Dasher app on Apple App Store.
Fill Cart With Order
If you place an empty order, you may encounter an error validating the basket DoorDash. To resolve You need to fill up the order basket with an item before your order can be processed by DoorDash.
Clear Cache File
Clearing cache files often helps to fix loading issues that may have prevented your DoorDash app from functioning properly. Cache files do get filled up over time and this can cause the app to malfunction.
When you clear the cache file you will be logged out of your Doordash account and you have to provide your username and password to log back into your DoorDash account.
Navigate to Settings < go to Apps < tap DoorDash < tap Storage < tap clear data and then delete.
Contact Customer Service
If the solutions we provided didn’t resolve the error validating basket DoorDash issue you should consider contacting DoorDash customer care service. You can either call or chat with a customer care service, you will be referred to a customer care representative.
Why do I Keep Getting Error Message on DoorDash?
If you are getting an error message on DoorDash, below are some troubleshooting steps to follow:
Check Your Internet Connection
- Turn off and on your phone’s WiFi.
- If you do not have a strong WiFi connection, turn on your phone’s cellular data to improve your internet connection.
Restart Your Phone
Simply restarting your phone can help to fix temporary issues.
Foolow these steps to restart your iOS:
- Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume down button until the red slider appears on your screen.
- Now drag the slider from left to right to finally turn off your phone.
Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
Follow these steps to restart your Android device:
- Press and hold your Android’s Power button and Volume Down until the screen turns off.
- Release the buttons once the screen lighting comes up again.
- A black screen will appear and you will see a list of text options.
Select Reboot and the device will restart.
Uninstall and Reinstall Dasher App
- Press and hold on to the Dasher app on your phone to uninstall the app. Select “ Remove App” among the options.
- Turn off your phone for about 3-5 seconds.
- Reinstall the Dasher app on the Apple App store or Google Play store.
How do I Fix a Validating Basket Error
- Update your DoorDash App. Updating the DoorDash app can help to resolve the error validating basket DoorDash issue. You can update the DoorDash app on the Play store for Android or Apple App store for iOS devices.
- Uninstall and reinstall the DoorDash app.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Dasher’s app can help to fix several issues such as error validating baskets on DoorDash.
Uninstall the DoorDash app by Pressing and holding on to the Dasher app on your phone screen and selecting the “ Remove App” option.
To re-install the DoorDash app go to the Apple app store or Google play store.
- Fill your cart with orders. You may encounter an error validating basket DoorDash if you place an empty order. You must fill up the order basket with an item to resolve the error validating basket.
- Clear cache files that may have prevented your DoorDash app from functioning properly. You will be logged out of your Doordash account when you clear the cache file on your phone. You will have to enter your username and password to log back into your DoorDash account.
- You can either call or chat with a customer care service to help resolve the error validating basket DoorDash issue.