It can be very frustrating if you experience an internal server error while trying to access DoorDash. We are here to help you if you keep getting an error.
The 500 Internal Server Error encountered on DoorDash is a usually a general problem with the website server. This could be a temporary issue when the server is down. At times it could also be that you entered the wrong input which resulted in this error.
Here in this article, we would discuss how to fix DoorDash internal server error on your favorite browser.
How To Fix Internal Server Error DoorDash
Follow the steps listed below to fix DoorDash internal server error when trying to access doordash:
Restart Your Browser
Click ‘Exit’ to quit your browser. Find your browser app and double-click it to relaunch the browser.
Try a Different Browser
Launch a different internet browser as an alternative, to check if the DoorDash 500 internal server error is caused by a particular browser. You can choose between Chrome and Firefox browsers as the two alternatives.
Clear Browsing Data
Clearing browsing data will delete all data including browsing history, cache, and cookies file.
Follow these steps to delete browsing data for chrome:
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon.
- Tap settings.
- Tap privacy and security.
- Tap Clear Browsing data.
- Click Browsing history, cookies and site data, cached images and files
- Select the amount of data that you want to delete.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Now restart your browser.
Reboot Your Modem
Rebooting your modem/router can help to improve your internet connection.
To reboot a modem:
- Unplug the power and Ethernet cable from your modem.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow your modem to power off. Make sure all the light on your modem turns off.
- Plug the power and Ethernet cable into your modem. Allow the internal light to display solid.
- Reconnect your device to the internet and check if the DoorDash HTTP 500 has been resolved.
Update Your Web Browser
Updating your web browser to the latest version can help to prevent HTTP 500 DoorDash issues. When a new software is released it always includes security updates.
Remove Third Party Extensions
Remove any Third party extensions, programs, or plugins that may be blocking Doordash from loading properly on your device. You should also make sure firewall settings are not preventing internet connection to Doordash.